1-1/2" Joint, 2" Depth of Seal, 6.56 Linear Ft Stick, 2.5 PSI Back Pressure, Water Tight, Polyurethane Foam, Gray Backerseal® Joint in Wall Secondary Sealant to Liquid Sealant
- Brand: EmsealColor: GrayType: Water Tight, Polyurethane Foam
- Joint Size 1-1/2 Inch; Depth of Seal 2 Inch; Length 6.56 Linear Foot Stick; Physical State Solid; Appearance Dark Gray; Odor Slight Characteristic; Density 0.4 Gram per Cubic Centimeter
- Provides Water Tight Secondary Seal; Provides R-Value at Joints; Resists Air Pressure Differentials/ABAA Compliant; Remains Firmly in Compression against Substrates; Contributes to LEED; Odorless; Sound Attenuating; Clean Handling; Non-Staining; UV Stable; Low Temperature Flexible; High Temperature Stable; Non-Invasive Anchoring there are No Hard Metal-To-Concrete Connections in the System; The System is Held in Place by the Backpressure from the Foam; Aesthetics and Versatility Standard Color is Gray, Compatible with Most Sealants and an Enhanced Ability to Handle Variations in Joint Size are Among Other System Features
- Joint in Wall Secondary Sealant to Liquid Sealant; Type Water Tight, Polyurethane Foam; Color Gray; Pressure Rating 2.5 PSI (Back); Temperature Rating -40 to 185 Deg F; Application Panelized Wall System, Curtain Wall System, Window Perimeter, Precast Panel, Concrete, Brick, Stone, Metal Panel; Applicable Standard ASTM E331/E330/E90-09/E283-04/C510/C518-04/C711/D3574/G26-77, LEED, ISO 14001/9001; Joint Size 1-1/2 Inch; Depth of Seal 2 Inch; Length 6.56 Linear Foot Stick; Physical State Solid; Appearance Dark Gray; Odor Slight Characteristic; Density 0.4 Gram per Cubic Centimeter
- A joint sealant for building walls and wall systems, Backerseal is an economical, precompressed, secondary joint sealant to field-applied caulking. Backerseal is a polyurethane foam infused with a hydrophobic-acrylic impregnation technology. Unlike 'Double caulk and backer rod', Backerseal behind field-applied liquid sealants provides true "belt and suspenders" sealing–two systems working on different principles to perform the same function. 'Double caulk and backer rod' is very difficult to install to achieve the geometry necessary to function in moving joints. In addition, the same forces (tensile stresses at the bondline and within the cured sealant) that will cause the outer installation to fail, will also likely cause the inner installation to fail as well. Backerseal works in compression providing a practical-to-install, fully functional secondary joint sealant using different performance principles than the primary, liquid sealant. Additionally Backerseal provides insulation and sound attenuation value as well as the ability to resist the effects of air-pressure differentials.